Junta Deptal.

Building of the local legislative power.

In this building works the Departmental Board of Rio Negro, legislative and control body of the Departmental Executive (Municipal Administration).

The building was made available to the agency in 1987.

The origin of the building was the house of private house of Don Alfonso Mino that towards 1870 settled in Fray Bentos, placing a school of public instruction that got to teach tertiary education.

In 1904, when most of its teachers had to leave the country due to political problems, the Mino School stopped working, buying the local two teachers from the city of Mercedes, to install a Secondary School that in 1912 was recognized as public. The official teaching institution remained there until 1955.

In the decade of 1960, the building was already very old and with serious lacks in its structure and maintenance, however some social and cultural institutions functioned in it.

Towards 1968, the Municipal Museum of History and Natural History was installed there with room for the Municipal Library, Museum, rooms for investigation and deposits, etc. After a remodeling in 1973, the building was renovated and renovated in the House of Municipal Culture, with support from the Ministry of Education and Culture.

In 1986, this institution was evicted to give possession to the Departmental Board of all facilities.

RETURN