Galpón de piedra
Stone shed of San Javier, was, without doubt, the first collective construction because there, faced with the need to have a warehouse and production warehouse, was built in the year 1915. In this way, a very solid structure was erected, with stones from the surroundings gathered and brought closer to the work by the members of the community. The old immigrants reported that each head of the family had the responsibility of providing two cubic meters of stone and also labor for the construction. In a demonstration of recycling and recovery, with the contribution of the Ministry of Tourism and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), there is a visitor and interpretation center where visitors to the protected area of Esteros de Farrapos and Islas del río Uruguay will be able to find adequate information in an excellent interpretation center.